Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Here today, there tomorrow...

Each one of us blogging on the net has a secret dream - of finding instant fame! Dreams of having a million fans visiting to savor every word one writes, watching them debate issues that one has raised... perhaps some brickbats, lots of bouquets, and the works...

But then, what is life without a dream? Well, I have taken my first step today - on the information superhighway - whatever happened to that big dream someone had once propagated?

Good morning.

Being a brooding-type communications guy, I decided to sleep over my first blog entry...so I saved it instead of posting it.

This morning, I decided to modify one statement I made earlier - in fact, the first four words, "Each one of us" - and it is not just about quibbling with words. There are those among us who would like to enjoy the anonymity offered by the internet. Then there are those who are there for a cause. And a million other reasons that I must respect, instead of taking the liberty of clubbing eveyone under the same umbrella.

When I was a young chatter-box, my father (or was it my mother?) once told me, "Think twice before you leap, think thrice before you speak!" It is a communication lesson I always remember after messing up things. But then, I am not afraid of exposing my vulnerabilities because I believe that I am capable of taking control when I want to...

Really?

I just gave you one example right here! Happy reading (well, hoping...)

No comments:

Post a Comment